sync both on My Account and Dropbox

Options
Mehran
Mehran
Community Member

Hi Dear, my All items saved to My Account online, but if I want it also sync to my dropbox for sometimes I want to use standalone how can i do it ?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mehran - that's not a configuration that 1password.com accounts support. In standalone 1Password, your data is created and stored only on your Mac, unless you choose to sync it via one of our 3rd party sync solutions like Dropbox. With a 1password.com account, your data is synced automatically via the 1password.com servers. But standalone vaults cannot be synced via the 1password.com servers, and 1password.com account vaults can't be synced via Dropbox.

Can I ask what you're trying to achieve that you can't achieve with a 1password.com account?

• Mehran
    Mehran
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Lars Thanks Lars, let me explain one scenario , for example, I use 1password.com account for years, for any reasons my account got freeze , Now can I move my vault from 1password.com to local or export vaults from 1password.com and import to standalone , that's why I looking to sync vault between 1password.com and standalone vaults.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mehran - if your account enters Frozen status, it's because it hasn't been paid for. Either you've missed a bill, or something else has gone wrong. That's something we can figure out. But if your account is Frozen and you don't want to continue using it, you can't just make those vaults in your account local, or sync them with Dropbox. Instead, you will need to move your items in the vault(s) from the account's vault(s) into standalone vaults, and then sync those using Dropbox. Hope that helps! Be aware, however: if you are not signed into the 1Password app with at least one active subscription, then 1Password 7 for Mac will require a standalone license or it will be in Read Only mode.

• Mehran
    Mehran
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Lars Thanks. move your items in the vault(s) link is what exactly I'm looking for it, just for more clear then is it possible move item to the vault(s) while the account is Frozen?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mehran - when an account is in Frozen status, you cannot add new items, or edit or delete existing items. But your data belongs to you; we don't hold it hostage. Even in Frozen status, you can move your items to other, standalone vaults, or you can use the File > Export command to export a .1pif or .csv copy of your data (this is unencrypted, however, and should be treated with caution).

• Mehran
    Mehran
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Thanks for clearing me, then I not worry and keep using my 1password account.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mehran - sounds good. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.