To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Catchup on the state of 1PW, I'm on version 4.6 for Windows

slate
slate
Community Member

Hello, last I saw I had a license of 4.6 for windows as well as my iOS app.

Visiting this site, it seems things have changed and I missed them somehow.

It looks like everything (not the app I hope) has gone to a subscription model? If so, is there a discount for upgrading from my old license, and are there summaries of the improvements that have been made since version 4?

Anything else I should consider? Like do we have to save to 1password.com now?

I'm asking here because I'm not finding a lot of info on the Windows Desktop version on the homepage at the moment (it looks like a new version is coming out of beta soon).

Thank you!

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@slate - things have definitely changed if you haven't visited in a while. What hasn't changed is that we're still selling standalone licenses for 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac, to those who want them. A license for 1Password 7 for Windows is currently at the "launch special" price of $49.99, over 23% off the eventual full-retail price of $64.99.

I don't have a specific point-by-point summary of every change made, though many of them are listed in the original announcement of 1Password 7 for Windows on our blog, and more have been made since then. If you're still not sure and you want to try 1Password 7 for Windows out for 30 days free, you'll need to convert to a 1password.com membership, which still has a 30-day free trial -- or you can download 1Password 7 for Windows and use it in Read Only mode, though this will obviously be a limited experience. Hope that answers your question! :)

• slate
    slate
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you Lars! Is it ok to talk sales and awkward price stuff here? Can I ask some questions via a direct message?

• I'd recommend reaching out to our sales team directly at sales@1password.com for any 'awkward price stuff.' They'll be best equipped to address such 'stuff.' :) When you email in you'll get a support ID back. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

Ben

• slate
    slate
    Community Member

@Lars Never mind :) Please send me a way to make the launch special purchase, I don't see it on the home page. Let me know if you need my email address. Is there also a discounted family license?

Final question: If I did switch to the current system, would I still have the option to store my vault on my own cloud storage?

Thank you!

• @slate

Please send me a way to make the launch special purchase, I don't see it on the home page.

1Password licenses are sold within the 1Password apps themselves. The only link is the download link:
    https://1password.com/downloads

Is there also a discounted family license?

We no longer sell family licenses. Our offering for families is our 1Password Families membership service.

Final question: If I did switch to the current system, would I still have the option to store my vault on my own cloud storage?

Even in 1Password 4 for Windows which you're currently using we only support Dropbox insofar as non-1Password.com cloud storage. Dropbox is still supported in 1Password 7. It may be possible to make use of other cloud options, but if you run into trouble doing so the best our support team will be able to do is help you get on a supported path.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• slate
    slate
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you, I'm testing the fam to see if they'll join me, otherwise I will make my purchase today. Agilebits has always been great to me with great support and great products! Cheers!

• You're very welcome. Thank you for the kind words. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• slate
    slate
    Community Member

@Ben Of course, I went to install the program and I discovered THIS https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100069/app-hasnt-been-syncing-with-dropbox-for-years#latest

I'm sure a team member will get to me, and I have read the procedure for troubleshooting dropbox, but it was a huge pain last time I accidentally lost a vault so I'm stuck at the moment.

Also, sorry I mistook you for Lars, mind is all over the place today :)

• Also, sorry I mistook you for Lars, mind is all over the place today :)

Not a problem at all. I've been called much worse.

Of course, I went to install the program and I discovered THIS https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100069/app-hasnt-been-syncing-with-dropbox-for-years#latest

I'm sure a team member will get to me, and I have read the procedure for troubleshooting dropbox, but it was a huge pain last time I accidentally lost a vault so I'm stuck at the moment.

Understood. I've read your thread and am formulating some thoughts. Let's continue the conversation over there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.