Can't launch the installer

I had 1pass4 installed for a year or two. Loved it. Just upgraded to 7 on another machine - and now I figured time to upgrade that PC / transfer over to 1pass7. I downloaded the installer - but when I try to launch it - I get the wait icon for a very short time, then nothing.

I've tried launching as admin - nothing different.

This is Win10 Pro x64 fully up to date. That PC works for everything else I throw at it.

I uninstalled a bunch of shell extensions and adobe flash and a few other crap items that didn't need to be there on the offchance that something would "get out of the way". No dice. I've rebooted a few times, updated video driver, updated windows, etc. Nothing happening.

I go to run the installer - which I've deleted & redownloaded as well - and it acts like it's launching - but then nothing. No message, no window, no nothing.

I made sure that Chrome was closed in case the 1pass extension was somehow an issue. No dice.

Ideas?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2019

Hi @MordachaiWolf,

Thanks for reporting this.

It may be crashing, can you follow this guide to see if you can find the crash report in Windows' Event Viewer: https://support.1password.com/cs/windows-crash-report/

You can either post the report here or email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. In the email, please include the link to this thread and your forum username, so we can connect the dots.

Let us know when you've sent it, so we can look for it and confirm we have the email.

• MordachaiWolf
    MordachaiWolf
    Community Member

Hi Mike.

So, I had already looked in the event viewer. The only errors are related to skype and dropbox. Dropbox is complaining about a security ID (SID), and skype is having an issue with twin something or other dll.

I just uninstalled both of those. No dice.

• Hi @MordachaiWolf,

That's very odd!

Can you see any logs from %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\logs directory, there should be a dated log file in there. If yes, open it up and see if you can find any errors to paste here.

This discussion has been closed.