Lots of wasted screen space in 7.3.654

When adding or editing an item, now EVERY item is on it's own line, whether it's a field title or the contents of a label. The fields are also really tiny.

Also for some reason you've decided to disable the tray icon context menu? I now have to open 1Password Mini, click the gear in the bottom left, then click Show 1Password instead of just right clicking the icon and hitting Show 1Password. I mean mini is nice but sometimes it's nicer to use the full client, hiding it away is just an annoyance. Even more so when Mini can't do everything the main client can, like creating new items. What was even the reason for removing the context menu? Now right clicking the icon does nothing.

1Password Version: 7.3.654
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Soul,

Thanks for the feedback.

When adding or editing an item, now EVERY item is on it's own line, whether it's a field title or the contents of a label. The fields are also really tiny.

We're aligning the viewer/editor, so they're rendered the same way but I do agree, we'll try to give it more padding and we'll continue to polish the design.

Also for some reason you've decided to disable the tray icon context menu

I'm not sure I understand, we didn't disable anything.

Is it possible you're looking at a dead icon from previous version? Try to expand your list of icons in the notification tray area, there may be a second 1Password icon visible. This is a glitch within Windows where older icons don't disappear right away.

I mean mini is nice but sometimes it's nicer to use the full client, hiding it away is just an annoyance.

While off the topic a bit; you can now open the main interface with a shortcut; Control + Shift + \ any time.

Even more so when Mini can't do everything the main client can, like creating new items

We do plan to add that in a future update, so you can make quick changes without opening full client as well.

• Soul
    Soul
    Community Member

It's not a stale icon, it's the only copy of that icon in the taskbar. I can even verify this by exiting 1Password to remove the icon entirely, then reopen it. Still same issue, cannot open context menu after it updated. I can right click on every other icon in my taskbar except for 1Password.

• Hi @Soul,

So far, we cannot reproduce it on any of our systems and no one reported this over the past month of beta testing.

Are you using any windowing tools to manage your app windows? I notice some odd window controls on top of that browser but I don't know if that is just the browser you're using.

Can you reboot and see if it works?

• ericchase
    ericchase
    Community Member

I second this issue. I now have to click 2 more times to reveal and conceal passwords. Whoever suggested this change needs to be moved to a different team. UX is not their forte.

• MikeT
    edited January 2019

I'm sorry you're not happy but there are no plans to change the field option behaviors back as mentioned in the other thread you've created. We have received more positive feedback on this than negative ones. The spacing issues raised in this thread will be improved in future updates.

• bueny
    bueny
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

I can also say that the tray icon disappears from time to time on my client, during beta I thought it was only affecting me.

Regarding the 2 clicks that it takes to reveal the password:
    You could implement that a click to the stars reveals and unreveals the password.

• Hi @bueny,

Thanks for writing in.

I can also say that the tray icon disappears from time to time on my client, during beta I thought it was only affecting me.

Did you report that issue to us elsewhere? During beta period, we would really appreciate if you can report everything wrong you see, even if it is intermittent.

You could implement that a click to the stars reveals and unreveals the password.

Except that click is already in use, copy. You can now click any field in the view to copy or if it is a URL, it opens.

It is far more common to copy the password than to reveal, that's why it is set to copy.

If you can explain why you need to reveal passwords more often, we can figure out a better approach.

• bueny
    bueny
    Community Member

Did you report that issue to us elsewhere? During beta period, we would really appreciate if you can report everything wrong you see, even if it is intermittent.

No I didn't yet.

Except that click is already in use, copy. You can now click any field in the view to copy or if it is a URL, it opens.

It is far more common to copy the password than to reveal, that's why it is set to copy.

OK didn't know that it copies the password. It's fine how it is thumbs up

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Build 7.3.657 on Windows 10: Please say it isn't so. I assumed the label/value alignment change was a bug. I find it to be a significant step backwards. It doesn't look nice, takes up a lot more space, and makes little sense. There's good reasons tables have items in rows. In particular, details for my Software entries are now much taller, and harder to follow. Isn't this also less accessible?

Please rethink this. By all means make Edit and View consistent, but keep the item label/value horizontal.

I use 1Password a lot.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lanceanz,

The design in 1Password 7 for Windows is still work in progress, so it will be improved. Please keep your feedback coming, it is really appreciated. :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to raise them. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Hello Greg. Thank you for that. Will do! Lance

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Kailo

To pre-empt the replies...

Are you seriously kidding me?

No

I DID NOT participate in BETA!

You should've participated in BETA <3

Why didn't you ask before this huge change?

Tested in BETA.

Why didn't you try "Opt in for new test design"?

Again, BETA.

Moral of the story... it's our fault for not participating in BETA and trusting 1Password to respect our workflow/deliver excellent UX.

:'(

• Soul
    Soul
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

@MikeT So I've discovered what happened to the context menu. Apparently ever since the update (back in January) the context menu has been located on the top right corner of my furthest right monitor (out of 3).

The reason this wasn't noticed sooner was because I only recently got a new monitor, to replace a damaged one. My furthest right only could use about 2/3 of the screen, the entire right side was unusable (LCD was damaged when I moved back in September). So the context menu had been on this area that I was unable to see.

Prior to January, the context menu would open on the furthest left monitor, where my taskbar is.

This discussion has been closed.