Odd Problem You May or May Not Want to Look Into

Hi,

Today using Windows 10 I had to install a new version of Macrium Reflect using Windows Safe Mode. The previous version of Reflect used a driver mrcbt.sys that was causing a BSOD immediately after booting, and Safe Mode was needed to keep the driver from loading.

While running the Macrium installation program reflectdlfull.exe I got an error message (attached) from a 1Password executable. After verifying that the installation had not worked I stopped 1Password and tried again, and the installation ran successfully.

I'm submitting this in case it helps you track down a problem that you already know about or that you want to pursue. I hope never to use Safe Mode again and this is not a problem that I'm asking you to fix, rather I just want to point it out to you if you choose to.

Regards,
Mike

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• Hi @MikeA01730,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's not our error, that's an error from Edge reporting the error loading the 1Password extension for Edge. Unfortunately, it is not something we can fix because the glitch is within Edge.

We found something like that before when MS SQL server was installing a file system driver that caused the same glitch. Is it possible Macrium Reflect is doing the same thing?

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

MikeT,

Talk about useless error messages! You'd think the word "Edge" would appear there somewhere just to give a hint of what to look for.

Macrium Reflect (which performs drive image backups) does load a driver mrcbt.sys (macrium reflect changed block tracker) that tracks which storage blocks are changed so it doesn't have to back up everything. So that sounds like the same problem you describe.

Glad you're on top of it.

Mike

• Hi @MikeA01730,

It does sound like the same issue; can you tell me which version of Reflect you're using? I'm using Reflect on my other computer but didn't see any errors from Edge.

• MikeA01730
    MikeA01730
    Community Member

MikeT,

Macrium 7.2.3906 Home was installed and I was upgrading to 7.2.3957.

Mike

• Thanks, it helps to open the main Reflect window once in a while to get an update. :smile: I was on 7.1 only, just rebooted to install it, no issues reported.

Sounds like an isolated glitch to me at the moment. We'll keep an eye on this just in case we need to file a bug report with Microsoft.

This discussion has been closed.