Nitpicking 1Password 7 (Half a year later)

First, here is my original post from back when 1Password 7 became available (to me).

The "1 Vaults" issue still hasn't been addressed! Again, I know it's nit-picky, but it seems like it should be such an easy fix!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zode,

Thank you for staying in touch! :)

We still have a lot of catching up to do in 1Password for Windows, so this very minor issue with "1 Vault_s_" string has been a low-priority for us. It will be address in time, but we have a bigger fish to fry at the moment. I hope for your understanding. Be sure that we will not forget about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer all of them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @zode,

To expand on what Greg said, the reason it is not fixed yet is that while it looks easy, it doesn't involve simply changing the string but if it did, we would've fixed it a long time ago. We have to add code in various locations (not just All Vaults, we need to hide other stuff like sharing since you can't share items with just one vault) and this code requires 1Password to check that if it only has one vault to use the singular string or not, use the other plural string. Plus, this has an impact on how translations work as not all languages follow the same rules for plurals.

ref: opw/opw#3356

• zode
    zode
    Community Member

Thank you for the response, @MikeT. Your explanation makes much more sense to me than basically saying "We're not too worried about this obvious typo/bug on our application's home screen."

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.