Upgraded to Version 7 standalone on windows from 4. HELP

Things have changed since version 4 so I am a bit lost.

• In the settings/Backups, it states, Standalone vaults are backed up only if the folder sync is enabled.

Where is the folder sync box located in settings, to activate the sync?

• How do I change the default location for the Backups? There is no option in the settings

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.617 standalone
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• emb
    emb
    Community Member

Where is the folder sync box located in settings, to activate the sync?

• Hey, @emb! A lot has changed, indeed, and I'd be happy to help. Folder sync isn't part of settings just yet. Instead, it's configured in your vault list. If you opened your 1Password 4 vault in 1Password 7 and had already configured sync in 1Password 4, then sync will actually be set up for you automatically. I'd bet it has been since you see a backup listed. If you'd like to confirm, though, press Ctrl + D to open your vault list. Hover over your vault name and click ... next to it. If you see a "disable sync" option, that means sync is enabled and you're all good. :+1:

As for the location of backups, custom backup locations aren't supported yet and all backups will go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\backups right now. Keep an eye out for custom backup locations in future updates, though. It's definitely something that's on the list. :chuffed:

• emb
    emb
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the clarification it was very helpful.
    I am still a little confused as to the difference between the two 1Password folders and their functions. (See images below)

I copied and pasted this to folders onto my laptop version and all worked well, (I probably do this wrong but it works for me) my laptop is now a mirror of my PC, however I have not been able to do the same on my android phone. Could you advice as to which folders the IPassword files should go into and the best method to put my vault on my android, given I am using the standalone version. Thanks

• Hi @emb,

The first screenshot is your actual standalone vaults that 1Password apps will use to securely store your data in. The second screenshot is the list of backups of your standalone vaults; you do not use these backups with other apps as these are just local backups for the installed 1Password app. Each 1Password app on different platform have a different way of handling their own backups.

To sync your standalone vaults on your PC to your Android device, you'll have to transfer (or sync with a third party sync tool) the OPVault file to your Android's local storage and use the Folder Sync feature in 1Password to sync that folder. Here's how to set up Folder Sync in the Android version of 1Password: https://support.1password.com/local-folder/?android

• emb
    emb
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Hi @MikeT

Thanks for the clarification.

I uninstalled 1Password from my phone and re-installed it this time using DropBox.

One last question. How can I change the default location for my vault, using 1Password Version, 7 (see image below)?

• Hi @emb,

You would have to select Disable sync, which stops monitoring that folder but keeps a copy in your 1Password database. Then right-click on the said vault in vault list to select Enable sync, you can choose the new location now.

Once everything looks good, you can archive the old folder or trash it.

• emb
    emb
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Thanks

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.