grblg
grblg
Community Member

1Pass suddenly quit automatic fill and logins for all websites

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Pass suddenly quit automatic fill and logins. MacBook Pro, High sierra 10.13.6, 1Pass 7.1.2

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grblg: In spite of the name of the iOS 12 Password Autofill feature, 1Password does not automatically fill anything, ever. It -- and, ironically, iOS 12 Password Autofill -- only takes action when you tell it to. You can learn how to save and fill login credentials here:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

And please let me know if you have any questions. :)

• grblg
    grblg
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate your quick reply Brenty. But I asked my question poorly.

My first problem came when I tried to log onto 1P and got the message: "The 1Password data is in use by another copy of 1Password." After rebooting a couple of times this went away and I was able to logon to 1P. Next, when I tried to "Open and Fill" for any of the websites in my 1P login list - nothing happened - Safari would not open. Again, after rebooting this went away. For now 1P seems to be working fine. What is the other "copy of 1Password" that the message mentioned - am not aware of any. How do I remedy that to prevent a recurrence? Thank you. Bob

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@grblg - that message doesn't appear unless you do have another copy of 1Password somewhere. The easiest way to check is via a Spotlight search (the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner of your screen). Click that, enter 1Password and give it a minute. Then scroll down and click "Show All in Finder." You should see items group together by kind. Look for the Applications portion, and you'll be able to see what 1Password apps you have installed. You should keep only the version 7.1.2 that's in your Applications folder. Throw everything else away, including from backup disks, archives, etc.

This discussion has been closed.