Tryout 1Password7 removed my old instance

Options
bazzol
bazzol
Community Member

Hi,
I am a long-time user of 1Password and wanted to try out 1Password 7 on my mac.
I downloaded the new version from the website and installed it.
Doing this my old version of 1Password 6 (App Store) has been removed/overwritten from/on my computer. I thought it will be installed in parallel...

Now I am stuck in the process.
How can I revert back to my old version if I decide to do so?

Many thanks for any hints...

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @bazzol! Because it's not recommended to have two different versions (or really, two copies of ANY versions) of 1Password on your Mac at the same time, part of the installation process of 1Password 7 for Mac zips up the previous version and leaves the zipped copy in your Applications folder. It should be visible there. We hope you'll enjoy 1Password 7 for Mac and want to keep it, but if you should decide to return to version 6, all you would need to do is:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Quit Safari, if it is running.
    3. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to your Mac's Trash.
    4. Unzip the 1Password 6 for Mac zip file in your Applications folder. If you're using macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), this may unzip to another location, such as Downloads, due to the sandboxing restrictions, so you may have to drag it back into /Applications.

Hope that's helpful, and please let us know what you think of 1Password 7 for Mac if you have questions or run into any difficulties! :)

• bazzol
    bazzol
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @Lars,
    Many thanks for the quick response. Yes, I found the zip, everything ok. Actually a logical and clean approach :-)

I wanted to try 1Pass7 because of the no longer working browser integration in Safari due to plug-in handling in Mojave.
    Well, I very quickly start to love the new Mini feature and the new design of main fields and the MD in the note section.

More features like the 2FA hints sound very auspicious. So I had to purchase the new version :love:

Many thanks,
    Patrick

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bazzol - oh, that's so great to hear! I'm glad you're liking the new version, and yes, there's more to come. Stay tuned! :)

This discussion has been closed.