To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost account Secret Key, need to reset account

heyfred1
heyfred1
Community Member

Greetings,

I have unfortunately lost my secret key; that is I accidentally stored an older key and tossed the one I needed to store away. I still have my master pass, and my authentication key. However I don't think that is going to help.

Because of this I am also locked out of the email I originally used to sign-up to 1password with, but I recently changed my 1password account email it to the email I am using now; which I have access to.

I was having some problems with malware that kept spreading so I was trying to be extra careful.

Regardless, I just need to reset and start over. What do I need to do to get my account started over?

Thanks,
B

1Password Version: IOS, Android, Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• heyfred1
    heyfred1
    Community Member

Scratch that, I can access my all my email accounts.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heyfred1: We cannot give you your account credentials. We never have them. But if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com from your account's registered email address, we can help you start over with a new account. Just keep in mind that deleting it will also delete any data stored there. Please post the Support ID you receive here, and we'll go from there. :)

• tennjenn1984
    tennjenn1984
    Community Member

I just sent an email. I have tried emailing previously, but didn't end up getting a response for over 2 weeks. Then I responded to that one and never got anything back. Maybe this time will work better.

This discussion has been closed.