Team-member getting a 'read-only' message.

Hello,

I manage a team account for my company and one of our employees is getting a '1password is read-only' message in her browser plugin when trying to add a new login. The 'Save Login' button is also greyed out. They are using a firefox plugin on what looks like a windows machine, but that's all the specs I know

This team member has 'view&edit' access to all relevant vaults, so I'm at a loss to know why they can't add the login.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Gotglade

It sounds as though this individual may not be signed into their 1Password account within your company's membership. If they are using 1Password 7 for Windows they can see which (if any) 1Password accounts they are signed into by clicking on "Accounts" from the menu bar at the top of 1Password while it is unlocked. Please have them verify the correct account has been added there.

Ben

• Gotglade
    Gotglade
    Community Member

Hey @Ben,

Thanks for the quick reply!
    She has confirmed that she is logged in to the team account but is still having the problem. She can see all the pertinent vaults for the team and their contents + updates to those contents, she is just not able to add any new items to those vaults. Apparently the problem persists in both her firefox extension as well as in the desktop app.
    Could there be another reason she is experiencing this problem?

• @Gotglade

If this person logs into the web interface for your team membership is she able to add items there?

https://start.1password.com/signin/team?a=new

Ben

• Gotglade
    Gotglade
    Community Member

@Ben: She was not able to add any items to her vaults in the web interface either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gotglade: What's the specific difficulty they're having? Is there an error? Does the + button not work in the browser they're using, and, if so, what is the exact version they have? If it's saying "frozen" when they're signed into the account in the web interface, either you haven't paid your bill (which I'm sure you'd know about!) or they are using the wrong account -- one not associated with your company's membership.

• Gotglade
    Gotglade
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@Gotglade: Thanks! That is the Windows app, not the 1Password.com web interface, which you mentioned in your previous comment.

"Read -only" is only shown when the app has been setup with a local vault -- not an account -- and no license has been applied to it.

What do you see in the Accounts menu at the top of the main 1Password app window?

This discussion has been closed.