web version of family "doesn't work"

rr4242
rr4242
Community Member

Hi,

When I go to my 1password in an browser:
https://.1password.com

After signing in, it automatically pops up that I can download emergency kit (done that before), and rest of the 1password web is greyed out in the background. I can't click anything to get it gone so I can use the web version (used it before, so knows how it should be).

Mainly need webversion since moving stuff from one vault to another is much better there (usually use the 1p desktop version with family sync).

Help - need web version to work.

1Password Version: 1p family, on chrome browser (latest)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

url is of course: familysubdomain.1password.com

familysubdomain = our subdomain

• Hi @rr4242

What happens if you try signing in here?

https://my.1password.com/vaults/

Please let me know.

Ben

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

Same thing happens. I’ve tried in incognito mode in the browser too

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rr4242: Sorry for the confusion there. It sounds like you just need to click to download the Emergency Kit. That will allow you to proceed, and you can cancel the download or delete it afterward if desired. You're seeing that because you had not downloaded at after we updated the web interface to make that mandatory, since too many people were skipping that and locking themselves out of their own data as a result. I apologize for any inconvenience that causes, but avoiding data loss needs to take precedence in this case. :blush:

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

ok, I'll try that and report back when done.

Suggestion: write something on that pop-up which is clear (red?) that download MUST be done before access to rest of 1password can be granted...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.