To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Stuck in a 2fa loop. Duo mobile ‘reconnect’

revolverbloom
revolverbloom
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

Hi there, can anyone help on this issue?
I have already contacted support (support ID is [#ZBP-58398-325]) but yet to get a response. I replaced both phone and laptop after accepting a new job, and despite performing an iCloud-backup prior to this, my 2fa app, duo-mobile, is now asking me to ‘reconnect’ the app with 1password.

The only way I can reconnect the app is by logging in to my 1password account. But now when I login to 1password it is asking for a 2fa code (on top of master key, password). So despite having all my login information I am blocked from logging in. I noticed on the recovery-pdf form there is a QR code and I tried using this to re-link duo, but duo does not recognise the code.

I have tried logging in here:
https://support.1password.com/recovery
But it is still asking me for a 2fa code.

I no longer have access to both my old laptop and iPhone, I am unable to get access to those specific devices.

Can someone in the team help? As a consequence of this I have no access to any of my logins.
I have a paid 1password membership account.
M

Comments

• revolverbloom
    revolverbloom
    Community Member

@brenty my apologies for flagging this in multiple threads. Here is my initial post on the matter. Will hold until I hear from email. Thanks for your support. Best, M

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, can anyone help on this issue? I have already contacted support (support ID is [#ZBP-58398-325]) but yet to get a response.

@revolverbloom: I'm sorry for the difficulty. We try to reply to everyone on a first-come-first-served basis, but it takes additional time to go through and coordinate things with multiple messages in different places.

I replaced both phone and laptop after accepting a new job, and despite performing an iCloud-backup prior to this, my 2fa app, duo-mobile, is now asking me to ‘reconnect’ the app with 1password. The only way I can reconnect the app is by logging in to my 1password account. But now when I login to 1password it is asking for a 2fa code (on top of master key, password). So despite having all my login information I am blocked from logging in.

You cannot sign into your account to authorize a new device/browser without all of your account credentials. When you have enabled two-factor authentication on your account, that means you'll also need the TOTP code (or the TOTP secret to generate it) as well. That is the reason this feature exists -- as an additional security measure.

I noticed on the recovery-pdf form there is a QR code and I tried using this to re-link duo, but duo does not recognise the code.

I'm sorry for the confusion. That is the Setup Code. You had that before enabling two-factor authentication, so that is completely separate.

I have tried logging in here: https://support.1password.com/recovery But it is still asking me for a 2fa code. I no longer have access to both my old laptop and iPhone, I am unable to get access to those specific devices. Can someone in the team help? As a consequence of this I have no access to any of my logins. I have a paid 1password membership account.

I'll close this discussion and follow up with you via email. Anyone else having a similar issue should see my instructions here.

ref: ZBP-58398-325

This discussion has been closed.