How to restore passwords that ended up in trash folder?

I just updated 1password and got invited by a family member. I then imported our shared data from dropbox and all my logins ended up in my trash folder. How can I restore all of them at once? I figured out how to restore one at a time. I tried select all, but that didn't work. I have over 300 passwords--rather not do them one at a time! any clues would be appreciated!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• melissaluce
    melissaluce
    Community Member

PS I'm using Window 7 OS and 1Password 7

• MikeT
    edited January 2019

Hi @melissaluce,

Thanks for writing in.

You should be able to select all items in Trash and right-click to restore from Trash. Note that it can take a few minutes to finish the restore.

Can you explain how you imported your shared data via Dropbox? Did you open the original vault first and then "moved" the items to the other 1Password account?

When you move from Dropbox vault to your 1Password account, it'll move them to the selected vault in your 1Password account but leaves the original copy in the Trash in the original Dropbox vault. You should still see the actual items if you switch to your 1Password account's vault.

• melissaluce
    melissaluce
    Community Member

Oh, I was trying to do it on Password.com--can select multiple items through desktop app and then restore. Problem solved!

• melissaluce
    melissaluce
    Community Member

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for responding. I went to password.com, to my account/icon, import, and then imported from a folder on Dropbox. The passwords went directly to my trash folder. Now I realize, that is probably not what I want to do as I'm supposed to be sharing with family and my organizer already imported passwords from Dropbox to a vault. I am not seeing this shared vault, so need to confirm that he indeed shared with me. He invited me, I responded, but don't know if he needs to do another step or if I do. Sadly, he is out of town, making this even more complicated! a bit frustrating too. I know he spent many hours trying to move passwords to shared vault.

• Hi @melissaluce,

Problem solved!

That's great to hear.

Thanks for responding. I went to password.com, to my account/icon, import, and then imported from a folder on Dropbox.

Hold on, we don't support importing 1Password folders via the 1Password.com web site. Was this an export from a different password manager?

And if it was an export file, are you saying when you imported that file into a specific vault stored in your account and when you viewed that vault, all items were in Trash? If so, that's not normal and we need to investigate it. It will help if you can tell which export file you generated from which password manager, so we can test it.

Now I realize, that is probably not what I want to do as I'm supposed to be sharing with family and my organizer already imported passwords from Dropbox to a vault. ...He invited me, I responded, but don't know if he needs to do another step or if I do. Sadly, he is out of town, making this even more complicated! a bit frustrating too. I know he spent many hours trying to move passwords to shared vault.

Make sure you're signed in to the right account and that your account has been confirmed by your organizer. If your account is pending, you won't see any shared vaults until it is confirmed. He will get an email once you finished setting up your account and then he can confirm your account. He can do this anywhere he is, though.

This discussion has been closed.