What is the current state of import passwords from firefox and firefox extension?

Options
oasis
oasis
Community Member

I have tried to sign up for last pass and keeper but both had less support for firefox than appeared from a distance. For example, Keeper has an import utility which is broken and they are working on fixing, but they did not disclose this. I am using firefox 64.

thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oasis: Hmm. When I first read your post, it dawned on me that I wasn't entirely certain about Firefox. I thought that surely it must have an export feature, but after checking Firefox and researching that doesn't seem to be the case. There are, however, various utilities out there that claim to be able to do it, so it's worth looking into. It appears that will be the hard part: getting your data out of Firefox. Once you do though, you just need to make sure it's formatted correctly and you should be able to import it into your account through the 1Password.com web interface. If it's already a CSV, this will help with formatting:

How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file

Or, if it's in some other format (or the CSV is oddly formatted), @MrC ’s converter can help you get it into 1Password's native format, 1PIF, so it can be easily imported using the desktop app.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options
  • MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

The 1.11 version of the converter suite now contains the Firefox converter.

This discussion has been closed.