Suggestion Prefered username and password

pau.cc
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi!
There are lots of sites I have different accounts in.
Would be great if I could "star" or mark as prefered one account.
That starred account would be the first on the 1P list as when you have only one account. The rest of the accounts can reside in the sub-menu ....

Good work by the way!!

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the kind words! We really like to know we're making applications that are useful and appreciated.

The idea of indicating certain Logins as being "the one" has come up before but isn't something that we're currently looking into. Thanks for letting us know it would be helpful to you.
  • selgart
    selgart
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    pau.cc wrote:
    Would be great if I could "star" or mark as prefered one account.
    That starred account would be the first on the 1P list as when you have only one account.

While you there's no official way to do this in the 1Password app itself, what I do in this situation is rename the logins. For example, I have an old login for this forum which I no longer use (because I mistakenly used my email address as my login name and I don't really want to expose that in public unnecessarily) and my current login. I also have a customer service login as well, which is different from my forum login.

What I've done is to rename my "real" forum login with a check mark. This makes it obvious which login I'm supposed to use as well as putting it at the top of the list as a bonus. My two logins are in the menu as "1Password selgart" and "1Password email" but I renamed the main one to "1Password √selgart" using the checkmark character (option-v). Now that one has both the checkmark and comes alphabetically before the other one.

Not quite what you're asking for but it will work just fine.

Seth
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the tidbit, Seth! There are other variations on a similar theme that can be made if you are willing to change your Title(s). For a Logins that is truly "inactive" you can also edit it's Display setting to "Never" and it won't be shown in the browser integrations at all... yet can still be found via Search in the 1Password application.
This discussion has been closed.