To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to move vault between accounts?

daveprout
daveprout
Community Member

I've recently left a job which used Team accounts and I want to export my "Personal" vault from that account to a shiny new 1Password account that I just opened. How can I export (or copy) an entire vault from one account to another?

1Password Version: 6.8.534
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move vaults between accounts

Comments

• Hi @daveprout,

I’d be happy to help with that.

• Sign into both accounts in your 1Password application
    • Select your Personal vault in the 1Password Teams membership
    • Open the All Items view
    • Select all of the items in the vault (Ctrl+A)
    • Click Share.
    • Select the vault where you want to move the item(s), then choose Move (or Copy).

(further instructions, with screenshots: Move items between vaults )

I hope that helps!

Ben

• patel
    patel
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

I just was attempting to do this and landed on this thread. Tried this 👆and it didn't work (1password app - macOS). What worked for me is :-

After selecting all items (as mentioned in comment above), I dragged everything to my vault (in my another account) which is listed on the left hand side nav. That action moved everything that was selected to designated vault in my private account.

• @patel

The instructions above are for 1Password for Windows, as that is what the OP was using. :) But I'm glad to hear you found the solution for Mac. :+1:

Ben

• isabel_fet
    isabel_fet
    Community Member

Hi, I cannot choose move or copy. Only Duplicate and print. What can I do?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @isabel_fet! Are you using 1Password for Mac? 1Password for Windows? 1Password.com's web client in a browser? Something else?

• isabel_fet
    isabel_fet
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    I use 1 pasword for windows. I was trying to move the items in the browser, but figured out that that does not work. So I have downloaded the desktop version for windows. 1 pasword version 7.2.617.

However... when I open the desktop version, I run into another problem... I open the desktop application, enter my password, look at the screen for 1 or 2 secondes and the application closes again... Without error messages. I have reinstalled the desktop application, but the issue persists. I read on the forum that I could send an error report, but I do not know how to do that.

Tx for help

• isabel_fet
    isabel_fet
    Community Member

Just updated to version 7.3.657, problem persists

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@isabel_fet - did you restart your PC after updating?

• isabel_fet
    isabel_fet
    Community Member

nope not yet... was too busy! will try that and come back if this solved the issue

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Great @isabel_fet! Please keep us posted ;)

• isabel_fet
    isabel_fet
    Community Member

hi, the problem persists.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @isabel_fet,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent it, you will receive a ticket number. Please post it back here so we can locate the report in the system and connect the dots.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.