Can I merge multiple login pages on a website?

Options
kirkmc
kirkmc
Community Member

For example, I've got a number of logins for Amazon: they are different Urls where I have signed into Amazon, with the same credentials, and 1Password stores each of them separately. I'd like to slim down my 1Password database, so when I do change my passwords I don't have to go through each of these multiple records. Is there any way to merge all of these? Or will a login to www.amazon.com work on, say, www.amazon.com/sign-in-from-this-page-which-has-a-longer-url ?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple passwords site

Comments

• kirkmc
    kirkmc
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, and these show up in the duplicate passwords section, which makes it hard to go through there and weed out duplicates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kirkmc: 1Password will save what you tell it to, so if you already have your login credentials for a site saved in 1Password once, and don't want more, it's okay to decline. :)

It sounds like you could delete all but one of those. if you only have one Amazon account, you just need to have a single Login item saved with your username, password, and an amazon.com URL. I like to save the one for my orders page, so 1Password can take me right there, but you could choose something different. If you are not already logged in when you get there, Amazon will ask you to do so. Hit ⌘ \ and 1Password can help you with that.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.