Vault issue adding a new device

miffysmate
miffysmate
Community Member

I purchased my 1Password subscription years ago and have been using it very happily on my iMAC, however, I am now trying to have 1Password on my iPhone but for some reason I cannot get it to work. When I try to add it via Dropbox it says there is no vault. Any help would be appreciated, as it is driving me to distraction!

Many thanks in anticipation.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: DROPBOX

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@miffysmate - I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying 1Password for a while now! If you originally purchased "years ago," however, it likely was not a 1password.com subscription that you purchased, but a single standalone license for an older version of 1Password. That seems more likely because you're mentioning Dropbox, which is a way of syncing standalone 1Password data. On your iMac, if you look in 1Password at Preferences > Sync, what sync method is used there? And if it's Dropbox, what is the specific file path of the sync keychain (you'll see this in small print)?

Make sure you're using the same Dropbox account on your iPhone (most people have only one, but just in case), and that you're pointing 1Password for iOS at the same file -- you'll be asked to choose the vault; make sure it's the same one. If you have any questions, you can refer to this guide. Let me know how that works for you! :)

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Thank you for your rapid response. Yes, I have the standalone license, however, when I go into my Dropbox folder on the MAC there is no Apps file or 1Password folders for that matter in there to link it to. So when Dropbox asks to synch with the Primary Vault there is no where to pick this up. My colleague has the same set up but hers works fine and we can see the Apps/1Password folder, as you have shown above in hers so we know what we should be looking for but it is just not showing up for us.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miffysmate - thanks for the additional information. What DO you see in 1Password for Mac's Preferences when you click the Sync tab? How many vaults are there, and what is each set to sync with?

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Please see attached screen dump. It says NONE, then when I click into choose through Dropbox or anywhere other of the options for that matter, I can see the Dropbox folder but not the Apps/1Password or the keychain file

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miffysmate - can you take a screenshot of what you see when you press the “Choose” button, please?

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Hi, this is where I would expect to see Apps/1Password but it is not there.

• @miffysmate,

You should be able to simply hit the open button at that screen to cause 1Password to create the Apps/1Password directory and create the 1Password.opvault inside of it.

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Woo hoo! Thank you very much. I assumed that I needed to click something that was already there rather than clicking open! Silly billy. Many thanks for you all your help and patience on this one. Now to find out how to add Touch ID to it. Have a nice weekend.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@miffysmate - on behalf of rudy and myself, you're quite welcome. If you ever need to refer to instructions for setting up Dropbox sync in the future, you can always check out our step-by-step guide. Enjoy your weekend! :)

• miffysmate
    miffysmate
    Community Member

Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.