I have lost access to my Authenticator app and therefore am unable to log into 1password.com

Options
phillipw2
phillipw2
Community Member

I have 2FA enabled and have lost access to my Authenticator app on my iPhone. This means I am unable to login to the 1password.com site on my mac. Is there a way to get around this issue?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Invalid Activation Code error

Comments

• phillipw2
    phillipw2
    Community Member
    Options

Also I have attempted to set up my 1password account in a new authenticator app but it fails. What information should I be submitting to do this?

I have attempted to scan the QR code from my Emergency Kit but it comes up with an error "Invalid Activation Code"

• phillipw2
    phillipw2
    Community Member
    Options

I am attempting to manually creating the account in the Authenticator app but I do not know that the details should be.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Fortunately, turning off 2FA is one of the few things that AgileBits can do with your account. (They CANNOT, for instance, reset your Master Password.)

Unfortunately, there have been a lot of support requests lately, and they might be slow in replying as they go through requests from oldest to newest.

Don't make further posts as each post puts you back in their list of requests.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@phillipw2 - I'm sorry to hear it! I'm not entirely sure what we might be able to do for you, but the first step would be to shoot us an email, since we don't discuss the kind of personally-identifying information necessary to verify your identity here in this public forum. I see you've already done that, so let's keep the conversation going via email; one of us should be with you shortly. Thanks for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.