How to activate 1Password 6 with 'secret-key'

Hello! Couple years ago I bought 1Password and get something called 'secret-key' which looks like "XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX", install in on my Mac and phone - all was fine.
Now I bought new MacBook and have problems with new 1Password, so I google a bit and install old version - 6.8.9, but it says that I am using trial version for 30 days. So, the question is - how can I "activate" it with my 'secret-key' ?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @pronvis, if you're signed in to 1Password 6.8.9 using a trial or active 1Password account you do not need to do anything else except renew to a paid account when the time is up. If your 1Password account is frozen because of an expired trial, you would simply need to activate that account at https://my.1password.com by updating your billing preferences there.

Perhaps you purchased 1Password before from the Mac AppStore but downloaded a copy from 1Password.com/downloads to your new mac, instead of grabbing it from the Mac AppStore again.
    If you did purchase 1Password from the Mac AppStore you will need to visit your purchase history there and download 1Password where it is listed with your purchase. It is likely worth noting, that I'm unable to locate that functionality at the moment with Mojave, things are not working as they last were and subsequently our support information is currently out of date. I will be back in touch when I've got the correct new steps to allow you to find your previously purchased copy (if you bought via Mac AppStore..)

• @Doodler_Benji yes, I bought it from AppStore.
    Now, in my AppStore purchases I found old '1Password', dowload it and all fine!
    Thanks!

• Ah cool - glad it worked out for you @pronvis!

• I'm trying to add my logins from 1PW6 that I have had for a few years. I finally updated to a 7 membership and I cannot add my logins, I am following all instructions and I seem to get stuck when it asks for my "secret key". I don't have a secret key for my 1PW6 license. How does this program not know this and give me a choice during the process?

I am lost and have been trying to get help for two days, .... so much for 24/7 help.

I am really getting frustrated and regreting this move to a membership.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Bob_J:

I have replied to you multiple times today here on the forum. Let's keep the conversation going in one place so we don't spread information over multiple discussions.

This discussion has been closed.