1Password X Not auto submit ?

Options

before I try 1password on Chrome it autofill and submit but in 1Password X it just Autofill and I should click Login.

also, I checked submit option on my App its on Always submit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Mehran,

1Password for Mac and Windows did used to have a submit after filling option. The way it worked though did require the native application as we asked the operating system to react as if the user had pressed the enter key after we left focus on the password field. Most sites will allow you to tap the enter key as a keyboard replacement for clicking a sign-in button. Apple had to remove this in macOS Mojave though so 1Password 7 for Mac also removed the feature entirely. Those running 1Password 6 with Mojave see an error message when 1Password tries but macOS blocks it. For consistency it is likely that 1Password for Windows will also see the submit after filling feature removed.

As this feature did rely on the native client there wasn't a way to reproduce the effect in the standalone extension, 1Password X. That's why the option can be enabled in say 1Password for Windows but doesn't work if you have the 1Password X extension installed, it currently does not communicate at all with the native client as it was initially designed for the likes of ChromeOS and Linux where we have no native client.

I hope that helps explain the current state of this feature. If you have any questions please do let me know.

• Mehran
    Mehran
    Community Member
    Options
  • Ben
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables you're most welcome. :+1:

Ben

• blewis1302
    blewis1302
    Community Member
    Options

Has the feature been removed on Windows as well? I just installed 1Password7 today since 1Password4 is no longer functional and the auto-submit feature isn't working for me despite the fact that there are options to enable/disable it (shortcuts aren't working either, but that's a separate post).

• Ben
    Options

Hi @blewis1302

1Password X doesn't have and has never had an auto-submit option on Windows or any other platform. The options for autosubmit that may exist in versions of 1Password for Windows aren't applicable to 1Password X. At the moment 1Password X and 1Password for Windows don't communicate with each other, so preferences in one would not affect the other.

Ben

• blewis1302
    blewis1302
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I realized my mistake after this post and switched to the more functional extension.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hopefully everything is working for you now @blewis1302, if that isn't the case for any reason please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.