Sync with WLAN server do not just synchronize

Joseluismen
Joseluismen
Community Member

I have a new iPhone 8 with iOS 11.4.1 and 1Password 7.1.1. I have iCloud activated with another user different from the rest of mac and devices. Therefore I try to synchronize the main vault (which in the rest I synchronize through iCloud and another account) directly with the WLAN server.
I had previously synchronized, but to update attempt again (I do not remember the particular computer that made the first synchronization).
When I can not get it, I disable the vault's synchronization, restart the app and try again. Now he asks me for the secret word, the synchronization begins. Reach to synchronize all entries, but the process does not end. I create a new entry, of test, and it does not synchronize in return to the mac when not having finished the initial process.The attachments of the mac to the iPhone have not been synchronized either.
I delete in the app all the vaults (I have three, main and two synchronized by dropbox). And I start the WLAN synchronization process with the mac with same result.
Should it be possible to finish the process or is the problem in using the MAS application in old version 6.8.9 with the new app 7.1.1 in iOS?

Is it possible to synchronize a vault with two iCloud accounts on different devices? Or the only other option is to do it all from the same Dropbox account? I'm thinking of moving the three vaults to Dropbox as a temporary solution.

And by the way, if the browser extensions are updated automatically to versions 7, are they still compatible with the application in version 6.8.9? Is it necessary to maintain a specific version?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Joseluismen - I'm sorry for the trouble! WLAN sync issues are difficult to impossible for us to track down, since they involve systems we can't control and don't even know about (personal networks, routers, various firewalls or network filters, etc). That's why we publish this guide for troubleshooting WLAN. You may also want to go through the steps in this guide as well, just to double-check.

Is it possible to synchronize a vault with two iCloud accounts on different devices?

Not using iCloud, no. Apple does not allow data to be shared like that between accounts. If you have more than one Apple ID in use, you'll need to choose another method if you want to keep the 1Password data in sync on those various devices.

Or the only other option is to do it all from the same Dropbox account?

Actually, no. By far the smoothest, easiest-to-setup and most stable method is a 1password.com membership/account. I'd recommend that unequivocally over a complicated WLAN setup or even Dropbox (much as we continue to love Dropbox). There's just so much more we can help you do when you're using 1password.com (see previous link for details).

And by the way, if the browser extensions are updated automatically to versions 7, are they still compatible with the application in version 6.8.9?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. In Safari 12, Apple completely changed the extension format developers (and users) can use. The older-style .safariextz extensions have been replaced by the newer Safari App Extension format. 1Password 7 for Mac includes this new format, and is fully compatible with Safari 12, but version 6 of 1Password does not and likely never will, since it was already in legacy mode when macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) was released. For now (and I stress for now, since no one knows for how much longer this will continue to be true), you can still install the older-style extension into Safari 12...but if you're using 1Password 7 for Mac (7.2 or later), it will contain the newer version by default. If you're still using 1Password 6 for Mac, then you'll need the older, 4.7.3.90 version. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.