1 Password will not set up on my new MacBook

nwilhelmy
nwilhelmy
Community Member

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro, and I'm having issues setting up 1Password onto it.

When I open 1Password and get the initial "vault" startup screen that asks for my Master Password, it will not accept the password I created (the color scheme turns red and the window shakes). I've tried multiple times, and I know there is no typo in the password I'm entering.

I've tried to enter my license information (by clicking the 1Password 7 menu > Purchase 1Password > Already Have a Membership? Sign in), by scanning the setup code and by adding the information manually, and neither attempt works at all:

• When I scan the code, it seems to scan without issue, but then nothing happens, and the "sign in" button is still greyed-out and unclickable.
  • When I enter the information manually, including the master password, I get the pop-up notice, "1Password cannot proceed until your Master Password has been entered. Please enter your Master Password."

At this point, there seems to be no way for the app to recognize my Master Password, and I'm really not sure how to get around this. Can anyone help me out? I'm happy to clarify any information you need.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @nwilhelmy! If you're installing 1Password onto a completely new Mac, where is your data coming from? Are you using a 1password.com account or another sync source like Dropbox or iCloud? Or did you restore this new Mac from an image of an older Mac, via Time Machine or Migration Assistant? Do you have 1Password on any other devices, such as an iOS device -- and do you still have your old Mac, with 1Password set up on it?

This discussion has been closed.