2FA has suddenly stopped working.

Options
dfjg
dfjg
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

It seems the 2FA authenticator in 1password is suddenly not working, every site I try to log in to says the 2FA code is wrong. This started around midnight tonight (GMT). Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this?

MacOS 10.14.2

1Password 7
Version 7.2.4 (70204000)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dfjg
    dfjg
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

If anyone has an Amazon account with 2FA enabled could they please try to log in (after clearing cookies or using a private browsing session) and report back?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Usually that issue means that the time on your computer is slightly off, as the code is generated using the current time.

Try turning off "Get time automatically" in the Date and Time preferences, and then turning it on again.

• dfjg
    dfjg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi danco,

Well there's a thing! You are absolutely right, I checked the time against https://time.is and it was about two minutes slow. I knew my settings were set to keep time updated automatically, so I just assumed it was right. As soon as I clicked the unlock padlock on the time/date system prefs pane, my system clock jumped forward to the correct time. I wonder if that's a Mojave bug?

Thanks again for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dfjg - glad @danco's advice was able to get you squared away; 2FA issues like this are almost always a function of time discrepancies and can be solved this way.

This discussion has been closed.