To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Membership vs 2 year license

Options
johnhewetson
johnhewetson
Community Member

I recently downloaded 1Password 7 a couple of days ago from MAS on my Mac and picked the "2 year" option as the pricing was attractive. I did not get a "secret key". I am wondering if it had something to do with a "trial period" that was mentioned briefly during sign up or do I need to do something else in order to get the membership? I really like the product but struggling to get fully up and running. Cheers John

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MAC OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• hello there, @johnhewetson! :smile:
    I'm not familiar with any 2 year option, are you able to provide me with a screenshot or information about the 2 year option you're referring to?

I see you've created a 1Password account and have started saving items into your new account. As you have created your 1Password account within the 1Password Mac app, you were automatically signed in to your account and you will be able to locate your Secret Key by opening Preferences from the 1Password 7 menu at the very top of your screen (next to the Apple Icon when 1Password is open).

Please do the following and let me know if you were able to locate your Secret Key_ (I do not want to know what it is, just if you are able to find it!)_

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Preferences.
    3. Click the Accounts icon, then select your account.
    4. Hover over your Secret Key and either click copy to copy it, or reveal to see it. Or click “Set up other devices” to see your Setup Code.

When you have your Secret Key, I would advise signing in to https://my.1password.com using your email address, Secret Key and your Master Password. You will be able to create a copy of your Emergency Kit there, and this is something you can print off and keep in a safe place should you ever misplace your Secret Key.

• johnhewetson
    johnhewetson
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much. I am new to my Mac having come from the PC environment for many years. I did not even think to check the top of the screen for options. Will spread the word to all my MAC friends to get on board with 1Password. I believe that you have a development team in Kanata (Ottawa area). I live about 1.5 hours west of there. Thanks again. Cheers Johnb

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @johnhewetson. We do indeed have folks in the Ottawa area as well as all across the globe. Most of us work from home except for a contingent that often works from our office in Toronto.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.