How to switch account used for login?

ect
ect
Community Member

I just created a Family account.
I already had an old Primary account on Dropbox and a work account on Teams.
I've migrated all data from Primary to my Private Family vault.
When I go to delete the Primary vault, it says that my Teams account will now be used to login. How do I set it up so my new Family account is used as login, not my Teams account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:make private vault primary

Comments

• dbetty
    dbetty
    1Password Alumni

Are you signed into both your Teams account and your Family account on the app? It sounds like this might be the case since you've moved all of your Primary vault data to your Family account, but I'd like to check just to be safe. If you're already signed in to your Family account on the app, you'll be able to access your vaults on both accounts even if you're unlocking using the Master Password for your Teams account. For instructions on how to add an account to the app, check out https://support.1password.com/add-account/#add-your-account-to-the-app

The app uses the Master Password of the first account you've registered to unlock all of your vaults across all of the accounts you've signed into on the app. It sounds like your current configuration will ask for your Teams account's Master Password for unlocking. If you'd like to use your Family account's Master Password to unlock the app instead of your Teams account's Master Password, you'll want to remove your Teams account (and any other account besides your Family account) from the app and then re-add them. You can do this via the same window to add Accounts (Preferences > Accounts > Select account to remove > Press -)

• ect
    ect
    Community Member

Thank you! Looks like that worked, I had to remove my Teams account which had 20 vaults, then delete the dropbox primary, then add back the Teams account. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Betty, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.