Rename tags does not work

Options
wordbird
wordbird
Community Member

Hi,

I'm using 1password version 7.2.4.

I am trying to rename a few tags. I right click on a tag and it gives me the option to Rename. When I rename a tag, it shows the new name in the side menu, but it does not change the name of the tag where it is used across 1password. When I sign out and sign back in, the tag in the side menu has reverted back to the old tag name.

The behavior I would expect to see is that by renaming a tag, it would rename that tag across 1Password.

Also, is there a best practice or tag naming convention you recommend? Lowercase, spaces or underscores etc. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wordbird: What kind of vault/account setup do you have in 1Password? I'm wondering if there's some conflict between different things there. Are you able to rename a tag if you switch to a specific vault?

As far as how to name them though, that's really just a matter of personal preference. :)

• wordbird
    wordbird
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the reply. I use several vaults. I've tried renaming tags for all them at the same time as well as for a specific vault, but it does not work.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot? How do I know if there is a potential conflict?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wordbird: Are you using local vaults, a 1Password.com account, or both?

• wordbird
    wordbird
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Local vaults.

Earlier today, I did a clean install and setup a new local vault as a test to see if I could rename tags. Basically, I wanted to eliminate if something was wrong with my vaults or something had happened during the import from the previous 1password version.

The renaming of tags still didn't work. It seems that there is nothing wrong with my local vaults, but perhaps there is a bug with the renaming tag function?

• @wordbird,

There is, it'll be fixed in 7.2.5.

• BLD
    BLD
    Community Member
    Options

This has bitten me as well. ETA on 7.2.5?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There is no "ETA". 7.2.5 is currently in beta, and will be available to everyone whenever testing is complete. You can use the beta now if you are in a hurry, or wait for the final release. Either way, it's coming. :)

This discussion has been closed.