Feature request: skip code signature check [not planned]

mokeyjay
mokeyjay
Community Member
edited April 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

i dont like chrome or firefox…
i always use centBrowser, but 1password addons not support
although I found the X from this forum, but the X not support Windows Hello or Windows PIN😂

1Password Version: lastest
Extension Version: X lastest
OS Version: Win10 1803
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like Firefox or Chrome (or browsers based on them), but we have no plans to remove security checks. We do hope to be able to offer support for biometrics in 1Password X in the future, but since that requires integration with the OS you'd probably have the same problem there. Sorry. It just isn't feasible for us to commit to supporting additional browsers, essentially indefinitely, at this time, especially those with such small userbases. :(

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

well... thanks
    you said the biometric include Windows Hello?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's too early to say, but if we can get Windows Hello, Touch ID, etc. to work with 1Password X I know a lot of people will appreciate that. :)

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

@mokeyjay If you just don't want to use Chrome, but a Chromium-based browser, there are some others which are "accepted".
    i.e. vivaldi (I know it their because I'm using it sometimes)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@lumarel: Thank you for chipping in! :) That is also a good idea.

Windows Hello in 1Password X would be really cool, but brenty is right, it is too early to say at this point.

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Vivaldi and Brave are my favourites, but there are others as well. Cheers! :)

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

@lumarel @Greg @brenty thanks guys,i will try the Vivaldi. have a nice day

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! It's a pretty great browser. :chuffed: :+1:

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

@brenty Hello
    I tried Vivaldi today, but still can't connect to the 1password browser extension.
    This has some information and I hope to help.
    * All programs are just installed today and I have restarted them many times

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @mokeyjay,

I think I have an idea of what is going on. Could you please tell me what characters you have in your Windows profile username? The thing is that Unicode characters in your Windows username might cause Native Messaging issues and our classic 1Password extension can't connect to 1Password 7 app. We have plans to fix this issue in one of the future updates. Please stay tuned.

If you have 1Password account, please try to download and install 1Password X. This extension works entirely in your browser and it doesn't need to connect to 1Password 7 app. Let us know how it works for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: opw/opw#3766

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

@Greg maybe not the windows username issue...
    my username is MokeyBUG

i don't like 1Password X because it not support Windows Hello

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

By the way, my computer entered the company's domain
    My computer name: v_mokehuang-PC2
    computer full name: v_mokehuang-PC2.tencent.com
    domain: tencent.com

is it related to this?

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

LOL, refused the Chrome73 too

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mokeyjay,

To confirm the issue (and investigate it), I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your device, where you have these issues:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• mokeyjay
    mokeyjay
    Community Member

@Greg my support ID is [#MAK-47171-219]
    Cheers, i like 1password

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sending that, and for the kind words! We'll take a look and get back to you via email to get this sorted. :)

ref: MAK-47171-219

This discussion has been closed.