data not syncing from Dropbox to my iPad

I spent two days configuring 1Password, my MAC and Dropbox. All the data is in Dropbox's server and the iPad is stuck loading the data, I can't get pass "Login to Dropbox". It logs into Dropbox and says "Loading remote encryption keys...." and that's it, nothing happens. I tried it on my iPhone and I have the same problem. I've rebooted everything more than once. Stopped Dropbox from 1Passwords preference box, deleted the file on the sever and enabled it again. Read all the forums and stuck.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Hi and welcome,

Sorry it was not under better circumstances.

Before we get into the nitty gritty detail would you mind tell me which version of 1P you are using. The MAS version or 3.8 from our site, secondly could you tell me where you data file is in Dropbox. ex is it in the root ~/Dropbox/<keychain> or is it in a folder inside the root ex ~/Dropbox/<somefoldername>/<keychain>
  • jmtheriault
    edited September 2011
    I have the same problem. I bought 1Password for iPad and iPassword for iMac and i can't synchronize. Btw, i had the Lion login problem, extension not working with Chrome for Mac, iPad don't connect to my dropbox account, not sure this software is ready to be sold.

I spent two days configuring 1Password, my MAC and Dropbox. All the data is in Dropbox's server and the iPad is stuck loading the data, I can't get pass "Login to Dropbox". It logs into Dropbox and says "Loading remote encryption keys...." and that's it, nothing happens. I tried it on my iPhone and I have the same problem. I've rebooted everything more than once. Stopped Dropbox from 1Passwords preference box, deleted the file on the sever and enabled it again. Read all the forums and stuck.

This solution finally worked, but adding a few more steps
    1. Reset drobbox syncing on iOs
    2. Wait until sync error appears
    3. Exit 1password and kill the process (double click on home button, long press and remove 1password
    4. Open 1password again, enter settings and enable dropbox sync
    5. Configure dropbox sync data (user and password, etc.) and wait for a full sync
  • 1Password Version 3.9.0 (build 39001) bought on the Apple app store yesterday.

Mac OS X Version 10.7.1

I moved the Dropbox folder to my Home folder so it's sandboxed. The Dropbox app is located in the application folder. The file is located at Users/me/dropbox/1passwordxxxkeychain

Does that answer your questions?

The file is 344 kb
  • Like I said before, I read all these and l and still can not sync with my iPad, I'd like it work and I'm not the only one having this problem at $35.00.

If the path of the file is incorrect in your code, it should be fixed.
  • Is this all the support I'll be getting from a program that never worked?
  • Hi Frustrated1,

I'm really sorry that we didn't get back to you sooner and fix your issues.

Th path is required to be fixed as it is part of the sandboxing requirements to secure your app. However, I think your issue may be related to the fact that your encryption keys may be missing.

Please change your master password to a different one and then back to the original one:
    • Open 1Password, go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Security and press "Change Master Password"
    • Change it to something different, and after that, change the master password again back to the original master password
    • Wait for Dropbox to finish its syncing (you'll see a green checkmark on Dropbox's icon in the menubar)
    • Open 1Password on the iPad, go to Settings > Sync > Dropbox, see if it'll sync now. If not, press go to your Account and press Reset. Re-establish the Dropbox sync and set up the sync

If that doesn't work and to help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report you'll need to download an item using this link:

http://cdn.agilebits.com/dist/1P/mac/util/1Password Troubleshooting.zip

This is a new tool we're working on: the 1Password Troubleshooting application. It's in zip format, so after downloading it your browser may have expanded it for you, or you may need to do so by double-clicking on it using the Finder. You should end up with the 1Password Troubleshooting application -- ready to run. You can move it to any location you normally keep software, or leave it where it is for a quick run.

Launch the 1Password Troubleshooting application and you should see some tabs near the top of the window. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the "Create Report" button. Within a few seconds, a pretty blue image should appear -- indicating the report is ready (this is just like the Diagnostics Report option in prior versions of 1Password for Mac). There's now an Export button you can use to save the report, attach it to an email addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can "connect the dots."

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.