To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Standalone License

Options
kyrtopoulos
kyrtopoulos
Community Member

Hi,
I’m interested for a standalone license for 1password.
Do you provide or only monthly-annual subscriptions?
And if you provide, how can I buy a standalone license?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes, licences are available. What OS interests you? Note that if you use both Mac and Windows, the subscription is better value.

My only experience is with a Mac. For that, download direct from AgileBits (NOT from the App Store, where 1PW is subscription only). Then, when you start up, you will see a big green button saying Subscribe Now, and a line below it in small print saying Need a Licence. We Have Those Too. Just click on that to get to a purchase page.

Standard price is $65. However, there is a launch special of $50 that has been going on for several months but may stop at any minute. If you do buy a standalone licence, expect to pay again for 1PW8 when it appears (though that won't be for a while, and it is always possible that AgileBits might decide not to charge for the upgrade).

• kyrtopoulos
    kyrtopoulos
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply.
    My os is Windows 10

• Ben
    Options

The description from danco is applicable to 1Password 7 for Windows as well. :) That said, I'd be curious as to what attracts you to the standalone option, which is no longer being advertised, vs membership? Would you be willing to share?

Ben

• Wingman
    Wingman
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted the version I got from the App Store and installed the one from your website but after I installed it there is no green button or any other hint to the standalone license. What did I do wrong?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Wingman

Are you signed into a 1Password membership account? You won’t be able to purchase a license while signed into a membership, including a membership trial. This is intentional, and is designed to prevent folks from accidentally purchasing things they don’t need (as a membership covers access to all of our 1Password apps). If you are signed into a membership, but want to purchase a license, you’ll need to sign out of that membership first. Instructions on migrating from a membership to a standalone vault can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.