To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to get my secret key?

Pnuijten
Pnuijten
Community Member

Hello, i wanted to log in to 1password on my laptop. Now it seems i need the secret key to log in. I used 1password on my iphone but i can't use this iphone anymore. How do i get the secret key? I dont have a bussiness account or a account with a family member or emergency kit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Key

Comments

• stormyghost
    stormyghost
    Community Member

Me too. Very disappointed with 1Password upgrade form 6 to 7....very little "customer" service to help us.

• Pnuijten
    Pnuijten
    Community Member

I agree, hope there is a way to get back this Secret key. I don't even remember if I used an email address. Think I only used the option to make a new ''safe'' with a master password..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stormyghost: When you're posting all over and sending multiple emails, it doesn't make it easy, but I'll keep trying to help you. Please reply to me via email so we can get you sorted without a bunch of confusing back and forth. ;)

ref: UXM-17153-273

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pnuijten: If you do not have a 1Password membership subscription, you do not have a Secret Key. Instead of choosing the "sign in" option for a membership account you have not signed up for, you should choose the option that applies to you. As an existing user ("Used 1Password before?"), you can use the specific version of 1Password you purchased, without an account, and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• Pnuijten
    Pnuijten
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your response. I did not purchase a 1password account. I downloaded the app for free on my iPhone. I made a new ''safe'' here with a master password. I did not fill in an email address or anything. Unfortunately this iPhone is not working anymore. I remember I activated this app on my iCloud. But if I open iClound I don't see the 1password app. Do you think it's possible when I log in to a new iPhone with my iCloud and download the 1password app, I can log in with my original master password? (Sorry if my english is not that well, i'm from Holland.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Pnuijten: Thanks for letting me know. Indeed, if you setup 1Password to sync your data with iCloud, you will not see it in iCloud Drive (apps use CloudKit for sync, which isn't shown in the file system), but all you need to do is select the iCloud option when setting up 1Password on your new iPhone, enter your Master Password, and you'll be back up and running.

P.S: Your English is great! If you don't tell people you're non-native, I don't think anyone would ever guess. :chuffed:

• Pnuijten
    Pnuijten
    Community Member

@brenty Ah great!! I hope that will work! Can't wait to get my new phone saturday haha! Thank you so much for your help and compliment :)

• On behalf of brenty you are very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.