No way to turn off beta builds?

gedankenexperimenter
gedankenexperimenter
Community Member

I decided to check out the macOS beta to see what feature changes might be coming, and discovered that I can't switch back to the stable version. The instructions for doing so on the website were as follows:
https://support.1password.com/betas/
However, it is not possible to do so, because the checkbox for "Include beta builds" is disabled:

I guess my only recourse is to uninstall the beta, reinstall the stable version, and re-enter my credentials?

1Password Version: 7.2.5.BETA-0 (70205000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @gedankenexperimenter,

At this point you would simply need to drag the 1Password 7.app to the trash and install the stable version from https://1password.com/downloads

There were no database schema changes so there should be no need to wipe everything out and re-sign-in.

• I did remove the beta version and reinstall the stable version, at which point the Chrome extension stopped working until I also removed and reinstalled it.

I do think it would be good to fix this bug (the disabled beta build checkbox) or update tte documentation to agree with the current behaviour.

• @gedankenexperimenter,

Thanks for the feedback, I let the documentation team know.

• While I'm at it — the full title of this forum category is "1Password 6 Beta"…

• @gedankenexperimenter,

I don't see that here, "Mac Beta" is what I see. There is a sub-forum called 1Password 6 Beta that exists as an archival forum.

• gedankenexperimenter
    gedankenexperimenter
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

Just follow the Mac Beta link (next to Topics in the top left of this page), and you'll see it:

• @gedankenexperimenter

Yup, that's a sub-forum to the Mac Beta forum. This topic itself is in 'Mac Beta' and not 'Mac Beta/1Password 6 Beta'.

• Oh, I see. I think the forum here seems so primitive to me that I assumed without realizing it that the structure was non-hierarchical, and therefore that was a heading for the content below, rather than a container. I stand corrected!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.