To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 2 laptops & a trying to update it to 1Password7 like the newer laptop.

Options
humphreykj56
humphreykj56
Community Member

I have 2 laptops & a trying to update it to 1Password7 like the newer laptop (which is in another state). I'm also trying to login but the secret key and emergency kit are in the new laptop (not available). I've been on your helpdesk with the problem of single or family membership, and would like to take your advice to return to the individual version (it's just my husband and I and we don't want different vaults and we don't want to re-create our full database in a shared vault). AND, my iPhone's vault has double the number of items it should. The original move from 6.8.8 license to 1Password7 membership was funky when we got notifications from you about backing up to Dropbox. So, I'm frustrated with the difficulty of this move - can you help please?

1Password Version: 6.8.8 and 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I have 2 laptops & I'm trying to update the older one from 6.8.8 (license) to 1Password7 membership.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @humphreykj56

Is your iPhone signed into your membership? If so it'll have your Secret Key in 1Password > Settings > 1Password Accounts > your account > Reveal Your Secret Key. Additional information can be found here:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code | 1Password

The duplicates are likely the result of not deleting the old "Primary" vault after migrating. Instructions for that can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

You can skip the first step if you've already added your account to the device. It looks like you may have got the transition from 1Password Families to an individual membership sorted already but if you still need help with that please feel free to re-open the email conversation... unfortunately we're unable to assist with any account changes via this public forum.

Ben

• humphreykj56
    humphreykj56
    Community Member
    Options

I had a breakthrough when I realized I'd saved the secret key in a password-protected Dropbox site. That started unlocking everything. We've changed the critical passwords in accounts (recall the nasty spam threat I got) and I think we're good now. Thanks for caring!

• Ben
    Options

Great! Thanks for the update. Were you able to get the duplicates resolved by deleting the Primary vault?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.