Turn off the auto-capitalization for password field and rename the forum (iOS)

MikeT
edited June 2010 in iOS
VUXaWl.jpg
Latest 1PW Pro version, 3.1.1. When creating a new login and entering the password, iOS automatically capitalize the first letter, might want to set that field not to auto-capitalize. It was annoying and I can't undo it for some reason. The only way I could do it was to turn on cap for it.

You guys might also want to rename the forums to 1Password for iOS by the end of the month since iPhoneOS is no more with the release of iOS 4 release on June 21st.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Mikhail,

I always enjoy reading your posts you always bring up good and valid points well at least according to me anyway. :smile:
    I hadn't even thought about that name change thing and I have been reading it all week.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I get really annoyed when password fields and e-mail address fields are automatically capitalised! I see this in many applications. I hope it's a change that we can make soon. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member
    edited June 2010
    Fields in New Login should be empty. Having to clear the "examples" out of each field every time is silly.

Keyboard under New Login should have an @ key and a .com key, since many many usernames are email addresses.

New Login username and password field editing cursor is broken.
    Make a mistake or miss an inappropriate autocorrect, and you have to backspace all the way in.
    You can't move the edit cursor.
  • Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Stu. it's greatly appreciated.

As you might guess, I'm sitting here, iPad in hand, entering a couple hundred logins.
    Each field clear is an annoyance.
    Since it says username and password to the left _and_ the right of each field,
    maybe it doesn't need to also say them _in_ the field, where I have to erase them.

BTW, what's the difference between username and designated username?

A Next button on the keyboard would be nice, as well.

I totally understand that this is a new platform, and everybody's feeling their way around.

(pointing back up to the broken edit cursor, I was editing my post while you were writing yours)
  • Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Under Software, keyboard for Registered Email field should have @ and .com.
    Likewise the Download Page, Website, & Support Email fields.
    I think I'm really only harping on this one because you gave us the .com in the Editing Login website field.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Under Software, keyboard for Registered Email field should have @ and .com.
    Likewise the Download Page, Website, & Support Email fields.
    I think I'm really only harping on this one because you gave us the .com in the Editing Login website field.

Thanks for the additional suggestions. So, would we be okay if we removed .com from the one place where you found it? :) I'm just kidding, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.