Watchtower - 6 Digit PIN NOT Being Excluded

Options

According to the 7.3.654 update: "Watchtower's Reused and Weak Passwords categories now exclude items with PINs that contain 6 digits or fewer and do not contain a saved website address. {OPW-3393}" I'm attaching an image showing a standard dial combination that isn't being excluded. I have another dial combination that instead of "xx xx xx" is "xx xx xxx" which IS being excluded for some reason. Unsure if this is a bug or if I misinterpreted the exclusion parameters. See attached image:

1Password Version: 7.3.654
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @crispybishop,

Thanks for reporting that.

The reason your PIN isn't excluded is because it is 6 digits with 2 space characters between, we only exclude 6 digits or less. I'm not sure we'll want to include space, we understand why you want space for formatting reasons but it means we could accidentally ignore some actual weak passwords. I'll bring it up with the team but for now, you'd have to remove the space characters.

• crispybishop
    crispybishop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply!! That makes sense. You guys read it as an 8-character passcode, so it's not excluded from the filter. I was confused that I had another combination in the style of "12 34 567" that was "being excluded"...but in retrospect, I see that it's not being excluded, it's just evaluated as a Fair password as-is, hence no Weak Password warning. Perhaps some day you can implement a specific "combinations/ciphers" section that in-itself excludes from the weak password check. But thanks for the quick reply!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @crispybishop,

On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1: There is always a room for improvements, so thank you for your suggestions.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.