To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription through Apple App Store or directly from Agilebits?

Options
rldefelice
rldefelice
Community Member

I have a standalone license. I am considering purchasing a subscription. Should I purchase through the Apple App Store or directly from Agilebits? What is the upside and downside of each option? Also, the Apple App Store has a promotion going on now. Is there a way to take advantage of the promotion if I purchase subscription directly from Agilebits? If I go the subscription route, I will be using the service on MacOS, IOS and Windows. Right now I am only using on MacOS and IOS. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rldefelice

Glad to hear you're considering the upgrade. I think you'll find there are a lot of benefits when compared to standalone usage.

It is relatively easy to switch from Apple billing to direct billing. It is not so easy / always possible to switch in the other direction. Considering the current promotion through Apple, and the fact that you have an iOS device, it probably makes the most sense to subscribe through the iTunes App Store (note: not the Mac App Store, which does not have the promotion). Normally I do recommend people subscribe directly as we have the most flexibility and most ability to troubleshoot any issues that may occur that way, but considering the promotion... If necessary or desirable in the future you could switch to direct billing once the promotion ends.

Is there a way to take advantage of the promotion if I purchase subscription directly from Agilebits?

Not on this particular promotion. This one is only available in the iTunes App Store (iOS).

Ben

• Swimmer21
    Swimmer21
    Community Member
    Options

how do you make a switch to direct billing from Apple sucscription

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Swimmer21 - you'll need to send an email to our sales team at sales@1password.com. They can assist you with the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.