Setup is asking for .opvault file in DropBox to synchronize. I have .agilekeychain in Dropbox

Options
Reyn_Saunders
Reyn_Saunders
Community Member

I just installed 1Password on my new MacBook Air and am trying to make my 1Password available from my data files on Dropbox. The setup module in 1Password keeps asking for something ending in .opvault in Dropbox. My 1Password folder in Dropbox has a file named 1Password.agilekeychain. This works for all my iOS and Mac devices. Is there something missing here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Setup is asking for .opvault file in DropBox to synchronize. I have .agilekeychain.

Comments

• Reyn_Saunders
    Reyn_Saunders
    Community Member
    Options

I meant to provide the information above about versions etc. but apparently pushed the wrong button.

• Reyn_Saunders
    Reyn_Saunders
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7.2.2 of 1Password; Version 10.14.2 (18C54) of Mac OS

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Reyn_Saunders! I'm sorry for the trouble. I got one of the new MacBook Airs as well; they're pretty great with the new Touch ID feature (without the Touch Bar). If this is a brand new Mac (i.e. - no other version of 1Password installed on it previously), then the reason you're experiencing that issue is because you downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac, and version 7 has deprecated the Agile Keychain format in favor of the newer OPVault. On your previous Mac, you must have been using 1Password 6 for Mac or earlier? Or perhaps you were using a PC? Did you download and install this copy of 1Password 7 for Mac from us directly? Or from the Mac App Store?

• Reyn_Saunders
    Reyn_Saunders
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the swift reply. My Mac Pro is running 1Password 6.8.8. Whatever version of 1Password is on our iPhones seems happy with agile bits in Dropbox.

• Reyn_Saunders
    Reyn_Saunders
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure whether I used App Store or direct download to get 1Password 7.2.2 for the MacBook Air.

• Reyn_Saunders
    Reyn_Saunders
    Community Member
    Options

If I upgrade 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 on my other computers, will I then lose access to 1Password because I don't have OPVault?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ryan_Saunders - you can check which version (ours or the Mac App Store) you have by clicking About 1Password in the 1Password menu at the top left of your screen. If you have the Mac App Store version, you'll need to fully quit it, delete it, and then install our version instead.

However, if you are not a 1password.com member and you don't have a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, then you will need to purchase either one of those things if you want to continue using version 7. Do you have a 1password.com membership (it sounds as if you don't have a previous license for 1Password 7 for Mac)? Your new MacBook Air is running macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), which ships with Safari 12. Are you a Safari user, as your primary browser? If so, then you'll probably want to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac, since although version 6 will work with Safari 12 for now, we don't know how much longer that will remain true, as Apple has made substantial changes to Safari in version 12. Let me know what you'd like to do, and I can help get you there. If you want my opinion, I'd suggest a 1password.com membership/account for a variety of reasons, perhaps even a 1Password Families membership, since I noticed you said "on our iPhones," which leads me to believe you share 1Password with at least one other person.

This discussion has been closed.