1Password won't work on my iPhone 5c

Options
Mkopro
Mkopro
Community Member

Hi, I recently purchased the family subscription. Installed on my iMac and it works fine. Then installed on my iPhone 8 and it also worked fine, however, when I tried to install on my iPhone 5c it said I had to upgrade my iOS. However, I couldn't get the latest version due to the age of my phone. So I figured out how to install the latest compatible version of 1Password (v6.9.1) that is compatible with my iOS. I scanned the set up info, typed in my master password and I got a message to "Check Your Email and Security Key". Couldn't find any email and triple checked to be sure I had the correct key. The key is the right key. I have deleted the 1PW app on my phone and reinstalled. I have shut down my phone and restarted. Same problem. My iPhone 5c iOS version is 10.3.3. Am at a dead end right now. Would appreciate any help to get this working on my 5c. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iphone 5c

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @Mkopro

1Password Families requires 1Password v7 for iOS, which in turn requires iOS 12. You can view the system requirements here:

System requirements for 1Password

We are looking at the possibility of adding backwards compatibility for 1Password 6.9.1 for 1Password Families sign-ins but unfortunately I cannot make any promises at this point. I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• Mkopro
    Mkopro
    Community Member
    Options

Ben, thanks for the quick reply. Would it be possible for me to downgrade to 1Password 6. Looks like that version would support my 5c. If so, would it support my iPhone 8 as well?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mkopro - I'm not quite sure what you're asking; it isn't the version of 1Password that's the problem here, it's that your 1Password Families account itself requires you to be able to run 1Password 7 for iOS, which (as Ben said) requires iOS 12, which your 5C cannot run. You could install 1Password 6 for iOS on your iPhone 5C -- in fact, that's the latest you can install - but you won't be able to use your account with it, unfortunately. Your only options here would be to either not use 1Password on your 5C, or to revert to a standalone setup instead of a 1password.com account (which would mean: no family sharing).

• Mkopro
    Mkopro
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. I'm sorry we don't have a better answer at the moment. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.