What's happening to 1password on mac ?

Options

Hi Team,

I am writing because there have been quite a number of regressions on macOS lately, at least on my machine:

• autofill is not working anymore;
  • autosave is not working anymore;
  • new password are not suggested in the browser anymore;
  • the standalone app still prompts users to install a browser extension (1password>Install Browser Extensions...>https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#browsers), which does not work **at all ** with the new framework (correct?)

I have obviously tried a clean uninstall/reinstall, to no avail. I've also tried the 7.2.5 BETA, but it doesn't solve any of the issues above.

Is this all being worked on? I couldn't find any clear information regarding this (a sticky thread might be nice).

Anyway, please let me know if I'm the only one experiencing these issues.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• fannyheydacker
    fannyheydacker
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here with the new version #7 (and even the #6), since one month already.. :(

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nbara and @fannyheydacker!

I'm sorry to hear that filling doesn't work on your devices. :( It sounds like something went awry. I wouldn't say this is a regression, but more of a problem that's specific to your setup. I'd like to take a look at a diagnostic report, if you're willing to send me one. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

• nbara
    nbara
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that filling doesn't work on your devices. :( It sounds like something went awry. I wouldn't say this is a regression, but more of a problem that's specific to your setup.

Well I'm having exactly the same issues on my personal macbook, my work macbook.

And I recently convinced two of my colleagues (both mac users as well) to install 1password (you're welcome BTW ;) ), and these 4 machine have trouble with autofill (haven't tested autosave).

Will send the diagnostics report asap.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Just to clarify. You say auto-FILL does not work. Do you mean exactly that, or are you referring to auto-SUBMIT? They do mean different things. Changes by Apple have meant that autosubmit no longer works with Safari 12 on OS 10.14. You should still be able to autofill using cmd-\ as before, but you need to submit manually (just pressing Return almost always works).

• nbara
    nbara
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I mean autofill. I never used auto-submit, thought it might be a security risk.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nbara,

If you've sent in a diagnostic report can you let us know the ticket ID please. I tried searching but haven't found anything based on the email address you're using in the forum.

• nbara
    nbara
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes I have : #GLD-97499-154

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well I'm having exactly the same issues on my personal macbook, my work macbook.

And I recently convinced two of my colleagues (both mac users as well) to install 1password (you're welcome BTW ;) ), and these 4 machine have trouble with autofill (haven't tested autosave).

Thanks for spreading the word! :) I'm only sorry that their initial experience hasn't been great. I look forward to digging into this as soon as I get the diagnostics report. :)

This discussion has been closed.