1Password membership but account not syncing across devices

lovethehighcountry
lovethehighcountry
Community Member

I have a 1Password membership. My account is syncing across computers but is not updating on my iPad or iPhone.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 11.4.1
Sync Type: membership

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@lovethehighcountry - sorry for the trouble you're having just now with keeping devices in sync via your 1password.com account. I can't say for certain from just your post, but it sounds like either you have one or more local (standalone) vaults on your iOS devices, or perhaps you have more than one 1password.com account? Could either of those be the case? You can check by opening Settings > Vaults on your iOS devices and seeing what vaults you have there. You can also open Settings > 1Password accounts to check whether you're using the same account as in your desktop computers. Let me know! :)

• jwatts21
    jwatts21
    Community Member

Hello,

I'm having same issue, accounts are not syncing, I have only one vault, so both IOS and Web are pointing at the same vault. Just added a new login through IOS device and its not appearing on my Mac. Also the items counts don't match between IOS and Mac/Web.

IOS version: 7.2.5
    Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98
    Mac 1password app version: 7.2.4

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jwatts21! I'm sorry for the trouble. If your data is not syncing between vaults, then (despite having only one vault in 1Password on each device) either they are NOT the same vault, or something is broken with your sync setup. Can you please tell me:

1. What is the specific version of the 1Password extension in Chrome you are using?
    2. What is the specific name of the vault you see in 1Password for Mac's Preferences > Vaults?
    3. What is the specific name of the vault you see in 1Password for iOS' Settings > Vaults?
    4. What sync method you are using on each device?
    5. Anything else you think might be useful in helping us figure out what's going on?

Thanks! :)

• jwatts21
    jwatts21
    Community Member

Chrome extension version: 1.13.2
    Mac Vault: Personal
    IOS Vault: Personal

sync method? I don't see any sync options on IOS or Mac... I'm a membership subscriber.

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jwatts21 - thanks for the additional information. The Chrome extension you're using is 1Password X, not the extension that's designed to go with the 1Password for Mac app. If you have a Personal vault in 1Password on both Mac and iOS, and these two are not in sync, then I think you may have inadvertently created more than one account. Regardless, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#SYF-45367-437]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @jwatts21 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: SYF-45367-437

This discussion has been closed.