Inadvertently upgraded from 6 to 7

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is 1Password v6.8.2 compatible with Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra?.

Comments

• henrilon1950
    henrilon1950
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I inadvertently upgraded from 6 to 7 (I have a standalone license) and I want to go back to 6. How should I procceed? Thanks in advance.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @henrilon1950! I split your question off into its own thread; I hope you don't mind. The thread you replied to was more than a year old and not really relevant any longer. If you upgraded to version 7, it should have zipped up version 6 and left a copy of it in your Applications folder. If it hasn't been very long since you upgraded (and no data has changed or been added/deleted), you can simply fully quit 1Password 7 and delete it, then just unzip 1Password 6 for Mac in Applications and you'll be back up and running. Here's how:

1. Quit Safari, if it is running
    2. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    3. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash.
    4. Double-click the 1Password 6 for Mac zip file in Applications (you may need to enter your Mac admin password to modify Applications).

If you've got a bunch of new/changed data that you altered since you installed 1Password 7 for Mac, hold off on the above instructions, and let me know what sync method (if any) you're using.

This discussion has been closed.