OSX browser input password visual prompt

Options
SGX
SGX
Community Member

Hi,

Does 1password not have a visual prompt pop up when you visit a website for which you have passwords? The only way to input the password either through the keyboard shortcut cmd+\ or mouse click on the 1password extension icon and then press fill password. What if I have several accounts (which prevents me from using cmd+\, is there no feature where when I click on the login name field, 1password creates a visual prompt to which account you want to login kind of like built in OSX keychain manager?

Thanks!

P.S. Im running al the latest software, Mojave OSX and have all the browser extensions installed and enabled.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill visual prompt

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SGX - there isn't, in the standard "requires desktop app" 1Password extension. However, there IS such a prompt in 1Password X. If you have a 1password.com membership/account, and you're not a Safari user, you may find this separate extension more suited to your workflow. Currently, 1Password X exists for Firefox and for Chrome (and a few Chrome-derivatives such as Vivaldi and Brave). If you use Safari as your primary browser, this won't work for you, however.

I did want to mention that having several accounts for a given website doesn't prevent you from using ⌘\, it just means that instead of auto-fill, you'll be prompted to choose from a selection of your accounts. This wouldn't change in 1Password X, either, since neither version knows which of your Login items you intend to use, when you have more than one for a given website.

• SGX
    SGX
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your speedy reply. Unfortunately I do use Safari and something like 1Password X would mimic behavior of built in keychain and other password managers (i.e. Dashlane). It seems like a great feature to have.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SGX - we encourage people to use what suits their own situation best; that's why there are choices out there. :)

This discussion has been closed.