Broken 2FA token

jennn
jennn
Community Member

Two days ago, my 2FA code through 1Password was working to log into an account. Today, it stopped working- I got an error "Sorry, we could not validate your token." Another person on my team had to give me a backup code to get in. I re-configured 2FA on that account using Authy for the token and it worked. Any idea what could have happened? I know that company recently made a change to how they handle CORS, but if that was the problem, I don't know why it would work with Authy.

Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jennn - hmmm, usually when there's a problem of that sort with a TOTP code, it's a result of mismatched system clocks. Did you reset anything on your device, set it to another time zone, travel or anything like that in the intervening time?

• jennn
    jennn
    Community Member

Very late response to this, but yes I believe it was the system clock! Thanks, I never would've guessed that

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jennn - glad I could help! And you'll know what to do if it ever happens again; these issues are almost always a result of clock mismatches between your device and the server. :)

This discussion has been closed.