Never autosave not working in some cases

Options

I admin a private web-based software testing portal that has all manner of password-ish things that OP detects and asks to save. I have clicked the gear and selected "never autosave", but OP persists in prompting me. What do I do?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.7 (687006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.14.1 (18B75)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• setzer
    setzer
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a screenshot showing the "never autosave"

• setzer
    setzer
    Community Member
    Options

Showing that never autosave is checked

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @setzer,

Rightly or wrongly the never autosave prompt doesn't apply if 1Password believes it is seeing a change password form. Typically this suggest that there are three password fields, two holding the same value. Is it a particular page that triggers this response from 1Password and from the visible fields could it be 1Password is incorrectly seeing the page as a change password form?

I'd also like to learn if this is a fairly standard Jenkins instance as we use it ourselves. I'm wondering if maybe somebody in the team might be able to test things on our own instance and see if they can reproduce. If it is a specific page though could you let me know how to reach it please, that way if I am able to ask a colleague then I have sufficient details in order for them to reproduce the issue.

• setzer
    setzer
    Community Member
    Options

Your analysis seems spot on. We have a number of parameterized Jenkins jobs that have two "Password" parameters.

Is there a solution? If not, it would be nice to have a feature that allows fine-grained control or save/update based on regexes matched against URLs or even form elements.

Screenshot link, for clarity.
    https://i.imgur.com/MOslvex.png

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @setzer,

There isn't anything that is user configurable, not that would help in tweaking the extension's response. I do have a couple more questions of that's okay. Are the two passwords the same or different and is it clicking the build button that seems to trigger the response? One of the things we consider when trying to evaluate the intent of a form is the text associated with a button if a button is clicked and I'm a little surprised if the build button is the trigger but it may just mean there is something else going on that I'm not considering.

• setzer
    setzer
    Community Member
    Options
    1. The two passwords are different. They are entirely unrelated.
    2. The build button triggers OP to pop up the Save Login dialog.
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @setzer,

Thank you. I'll see what I can learn with the assistance of my colleagues.

• setzer
    setzer
    Community Member
    Options

I realize I didn't fully answer some of your earlier questions.
    1. Our Jenkins is fairly vanilla, version 2.157, with no exotic plugins, all at the latest version, except for ansiColor (version 0.5.3). I think the only plugins I had to specifically install were Cobertura and Test Results.
    2. The page that triggers the unexpected behavior from OP is the job page, i.e., the page you get when you click "Build with parameters".

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think I've got everything we'll need now, and hopefully I might have something soon. Do nudge me if it's been a while and you're wondering if I've gotten sidetracked at all.

This discussion has been closed.