Save new login - update existing did't work correctly

If i choose Create New,it will save correctly,but if i choose Update existing,it will only update form details which already in the old one
Create New:

Update existing:

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: win10 chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:save new login

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @JohnnyWoong,

Is it the lack of the domainName field that you're referring to? The Update Existing option is really aimed at change password forms and as a result it doesn't replace the web form details with those that would describe the current page but only replaces the designated password and under certain circumstances the designated username. If you need a new item to fill new fields it would currently require saving a new item. Every so often we do see a request for adding a third option but we've hesitated so far, in part I believe, because we need to ensure we're not making everything more complicated for the average user. Getting things right is often a tricky balance.

• JohnnyWoong
    JohnnyWoong
    Community Member

Yeah,that is totally what i mean ,hope one day Update Existing can save forms value beside username and password

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Well I wouldn't want the mechanism for detecting a new password on a change password form to overwrite other fields but another option, as long as we don't cause confusion, could be useful.

This discussion has been closed.