Need to re-set who is logging in...

mel66
mel66
Community Member

We have a family account and I am the administrator. Need some help with the IP Windows app. Until now, I was the only one using the account. I have set up my partner and she is up and running at 1Password.com. But, we cannot get her into the Windows app on her PC. I suspect that I had previously logged into that same Windows app on her PC - but used my own master password. Today, she downloaded the app (probably not realizing I had already downloaded it) and was not prompted to scan a bar code or get set up. Should we uninstall the app on her PC and try to start again? What do you recommend?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• earmsby
    earmsby
    Community Member

I too have this question. Looking forward to hearing how to proceed.

• Hi folks. What happens when you launch 1Password for Windows? Are you asked for a Master Password? If so, does your Master Password unlock 1Password? If that is the case you can remove your account from the installation by selecting Accounts > [your account name] > “Sign out” from the top of the 1Password window.

Ben

• mel66
    mel66
    Community Member

Yes, my master password is the only one that works. Thanks for this advice. I will give it a try.

• Please let us know if that worked for you, or if you have any other questions!

• earmsby
    earmsby
    Community Member
    edited January 2019

I logged out of the windows software but can no seem to log in as my wife. If I give the secret key, it only accepts my master password. She is really stuck without being able to access passwords in her private vault (created when I installed it on an older laptop)

EDIT: I retried this and realized that the secret keys were different. Once we got the right secret key for my wife, we were able to get her signed in. I misunderstood and thought the secret key was over the whole main account and not unique to each family member.

• Ah, gotcha, thanks for the update @earmsby. Indeed, each person will have their own unique Secret Key, even if they belong to the same membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.