Unlocking 1Password after making changes to Touch ID

Options
mac_techie
mac_techie
Community Member

Hi,
I expected that when changes are made to Touch ID (e.g. adding an additional print) the master password must be re-entered when launching 1Password the next time. While re-entering the master password enabled Touch ID for the app, it did not automatically enable Touch ID for the Safari extension (which pops up when filling passwords with 2FA). I had to enter the master password a second time to enable the extension. Is that expected behavior or perhaps a bug? Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mac_techie

Are you using the iOS 12 Password AutoFill feature or the 1Password share sheet extension in Safari?

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member
    Options

To clarify, I was using the built in iOS auto-fill feature. Filling a log-in with a one time passcode brings up what looks like the 1Password sheet extension.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Do you have 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill enabled?

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member
    Options

No. That screen only comes up when the site also has a one time code, which 1Password copies to the clipboard. Autofilling on a site w/o a onetime passcode brings up the iOS auto fill screen.

• Ben
    Options

I would suggest enabling that setting to see if that helps produce the desired behavior. With that off iOS handles locking and unlocking in most cases, rather than 1Password doing so directly. Having it on should produce more consistent results.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.