Dashlane to 1Password import issue [SOLVED]

Options
SGX
SGX
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

HI

Im having an issue importing Dashlane generated csv file into 1Password.
When I try via online 1password import, I drag and drop CSV that was just generated by Dashlane and this is the error Im receiving:
Unable to import.

Error: No importable items were found in the selected file.

Session: 3TG7MCW5MZDXXHGL3UN37VZJIU

Time: 2019-01-18 11:04:36 -05:00

Ive also tried @MrC conversion script v11 and get the following error:
CSV column names do not match expected names

when I do:
csv '/Users/skiff/Desktop/Dashlane Export.csv' -v -d | grep print_fileinfo
print_fileinfo : Input file info: "/Users/skiff/Desktop/Dashlane Export.csv"
print_fileinfo : size: 50558
print_fileinfo : kind: UTF-8 Unicode text
print_fileinfo : mime: text/plain; charset=utf-8

So what am I doing wrong or what can I do to resolve this issue ?

Thanks!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options

@SGX - what are your exact column names?

Please make sure there is only a single type of data in the CSV (e.g. all Logins, or all Credit Cards, etc).

Make sure the file properly opens in a spreadsheet - that will indicate it is correct CSV. If not, fix the broken rows or data, and export as CSV, UTF-8.

Be sure you are using version 1.11 in Testing Bits mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread.

• SGX
    SGX
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

THANK YOU for the awesome support and quick reply.
    Ive fixed the issue:
    The problem was that csv file that Dashlane exported had 7 columns instead of 5, using excel helped to notice extra columns and remove them.

Hopping onto 1password train :+1:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@SGX,

You are welcome. I suppose I could have the csv converter entirely ignore blank columns. The logic would be that if the column header was blank, and there was no data in any cell beneath it, just toss the column. If there was data in a cell, I could label the column something like . Would that have helped?

Enjoy 1Password!

Technical note: I don't have access to the cell data as the header is read, and then only have access to data row-by-row. But I could change that.

• SGX
    SGX
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC,

In my case there was 1 blank column which I completely removed, then I had to combine 2 more columns. Dashlane creates a separate column when your login is just a user name and another column when it's your email address. None of the columns had both username and email, so I simply combined the two columns into one and that did the trick. Again guys are you awesome for doing this and creating this unparalleled level of support.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

OK, thanks for the info @SGX. I've noted on the forum here in several posts how the Dashlane export is very broken.

I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out.

The AgileBits / 1Password folks do a great job.

Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.