Agiledeychain changed to opuvalt (at least backup files) why?

The backup vault changed from agilekeychain.zip to opuvalt.zip. I "assume" the working vault changed also. The program on this computer is no longer syncing with Dropbox. As a result I have lost all of the changes I have made since the change. I don't know what happened or why. Should I recover the last agilekeychain? When I attempt to open the agiledeychain file which is selected when I open the the selection key (circle with 1 in it) the response is that this file is not a valid vault file. Not sure how to proceed. I don't want to replace the dropbox vault (which my other computers are using) with whatever I appear to be using on this computer. thanks for your gudience.

1Password Version: 1Password 4 windows
Extension Version: 4.6.2.626
OS Version: 10.0.17134
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raylock: AgileKeychain format is really old, and we introduced its successor, OPVault, years ago, so it was time to let go of the old in version 7 to make sure everyone has the added benefits of the newer format and a solid foundation going forward.

If you've updated to OPVault on one device but didn't configure the others to use that new vault, you won't have lost data; you just need to setup all of them to use the same one. Which device has all of your 1Password data currently?

• Raylock
    Raylock
    Community Member

Any update was inadvertent since I wasn’t aware that there was more than one version of the vault. Is there a link or blog entry somewhere that will show me how to upgrade to the newer vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raylock: It sounds like you already have converted to the newer format. What I'm trying to establish is if all of your data is already in the new vault, and which device that's setup on. Could you please answer my question?

Which device has all of your 1Password data currently?

It would also be helpful to know the OS and 1Password versions you're using there, and the path you're syncing with in Dropbox. Thanks! :)

• Raylock
    Raylock
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. My computers are Windows 10. The main computer (my laptop), stopped syncing with Dropbox. While trying to troubleshoot, I noticed that the backup vault files had changed from Agilekeychain to opuvault several days ago. To my knowledge, I did nothing to cause this to happen, because I was not aware that there was more than on vault file available. I installed 1Password a couple of years ago and it has run satisfactorily without any input from me. I see that one computer is now using the keychain vault while another is using opvault and the sync to Dropbox has disappeared. Clearly, I need some serious maintenance or to shop for an updated password vault program. Any suggestions would be welcome.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Raylock: When you upgraded to 1Password 7, you would have been prompted to convert to OPVault, since that is the format used going forward. Does the device where you're using the OPVault have all of your data?

• Raylock
    Raylock
    Community Member

No, unfortunately it died apparently from a virus. Thanks for getting back to me, but I have moved on to another product.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that happen to your computer. If there's something else we can do to help in the future, just let us know. :(

This discussion has been closed.